Wednesday 23 April 2014

Rock Star-Kenny K Rock Dude




Hi everyone! Today I'm sharing the card I made for a good friend who just turned 50!
He's a rock star to his life long friends.
 My husband has known him for over 35 years so he's a pretty big deal to us. 
 He plays lead in a band called The Crawl out in Victoria B.C. and we're hoping to make a bike trip out that way sometime this Summer and hopefully hear his band play.
The birthday boy and his beautiful girlfriend are visiting out West here for a few days so a group of his long time friends all got together to celebrate the big 50!
On my husbands request I colored the guitar like Eddy Van Halen's guitar. As I googled many images of Eddy and his guitar I wondered if he ever wore a shirt?! The very first concert I ever went to was a Van Halen concert when I was 15. 
All I remember about that concert is Eddy's skin tight red pleather pants, and he came out on stage swinging on a rope!
I decided to give this Kenny K image, called, Rocker Dude a tye dyed shirt because our friend James is a little wonderfully eclectic. (:
I used a mini scrabble piece on this card and found out from James that 8 is his favorite number and there just happens to be an 8 on the J scrabble tile.
This card was a big hit with him! I was so thrilled!
The papers are from a DCWV Rock Star Stack and the glittered swirls were made from rainbow glitter cardstock and the TH elegant flourishes die cut.
I also used a TH skull embellishment, a TH clip embellishment and a bottle cap inc.bottle cap with an epoxy dome. The stamp I used to create the bottle cap sentiment is from the Kraftin Kimmie  Circus Trinkets set.

I Hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend! We  had an awesome time getting together and celebrating  Resurrection Sunday with our children and grandchildren and then later Sunday night we were able to get together with friends we hadn't seen for many years. 
Getting together with old friends is so good for your soul!

And here's an updated picture of me with all 7 of my grandchildren now!!
I am so richly blessed!
Hugs!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Kenny K Challenge #170 Stars

ETA my badge for this card:
 

4 comments:

Creepy Glowbugg said...

First off, I LOVE the picture of you and all those adorable grandbabies! That's alot of babies to spoil!
And then that card is so fabulous with all of those specific details, like the tie dye shirt, and the EVH guitar! So well done!
BTW, my first concert was Judas Priest and Great White, and I was 13. Good times.

Maroeska said...

Wow, this one is so great! Your coloring is really amazing, I love all that depth in the skin! Also really like the way you colored the backgrond. Have a nice day!

NickScrapShack said...

This is awesome! Love love love your colouring his shirt and guitar are fantastic!!!!

Thank you for playing along with us at Kenny K Krafty Krew!
Good luck!
Nick
Team A(ll That)

Regan said...

Debora, this is AWESOME! I love his shirt! Your coloring is always impressive! You chose great embellishments for this! So cool! I've seen Van Halen too (and met them, with the photo to prove it! lol) but it was the Sammy era, not David Lee Roth. :-) Thanks for sharing this rockin' creation with us at KennyK's Krafty Krew!
{hugs}
Regan
Team B{iker Girl}